Solution Scales as You Grow
Many product resellers who sell things to the government want to add profitable professional services to their product offerings. However having multiple applications to account for the multiple businesses makes it very difficult to see how well the company is performing as a whole. Microsoft Dynamics NAV for Government Contractors is the only solution on the market that was built to handle both types of businesses.
Companies that sell products and provide services to the Federal Government have been historically forced to install and manage multiple financial management solutions to handle both business lines. Microsoft Dynamics NAV for Government Contractors from PVBS eliminates this problem and offers companies that service and sell products to the government one integrated and comprehensive solution. As many companies look to grow by offering more services or products, they are no longer hampered by needing multiple systems to manage their business.
Similar challenges arise for companies that conduct manufacturing projects for the Government but also provide services. Microsoft Dynamics NAV for Government Contractors has the capability to handle multiple business lines from within one solution.
- Product distribution and professional services in one system.
- One integrated solution that manages the entire product sales process, from inventory management, to sales order creation, to invoicing.
- Improving operational efficiencies by having one comprehensive solution for product sales and services provision.
- Real-time reporting coupled with rich analytical dashboard to measure business performance
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV includes everything you need to manage the sales and accounting side of your business and also includes a completely integrated financial management set of tools as well.
- Built-in reporting services, online as well, add to the expansive value of the system. Executives can easily access critical information such as revenue, profit and gross profit percent across various measures, such as by customer, sales rep, contract vehicle or by vendor.
- The solution manages contract information and ties the purchase and the sales order together so there are no consolidation issues in the future.
- Everything a government contractor needs to manage their product sales AND service business lines are integrated in one solution.
- The Dynamics NAV relational database back end makes it easy to search quickly for critical information, such as a client’s past purchase history including who purchased, when they purchased, and what they purchased.
There are a number of scenarios where companies that sell products to the government want to be able to account for costs related to the servicing of specific products they sell to their government customers. It a big advantage to be able to have the product distribution and professional services functionality in one solution. For example, product distributors might want to be able to post the cost of their labor for maintaining that product, the product sales and so forth. By doing so they’re able to see a true margin of what those product jobs are really costing. Another benefit is being able to share the inventory between the two systems so you can process an item on a professional services job as well as a product invoice. You don’t need to maintain two different inventories, which saves a tremendous amount of time and money.
Another benefit is that you can start another business line more efficiently because you have the solution in place. Many product resellers want to offer profitable services to their customer. Having the ERP solution already in place to manage the product distribution business makes the move into the new business line that much easier.