Real-time inventory management
Microsoft Dynamics NAV for Government Contractors is particularly strong for companies who manage inventory as part of their Federal Government business. This may be a company that sells products, manufactures or manages products/inventory for the government and is branching into offering more services. It may be a company that has historically provided services and now wants to sell items the customer may require.
The solution helps these businesses streamline distribution processes and improve inventory management and warehouse efficiency. Key capabilities include item tracking, multiple location logistics, bills of materials, transfers, item substitutions, and warehouse management ranging from internal picking to shipping and delivery.
But the most exciting capability is that companies now only need one solution to manage both the services and product distribution needs of the business. There is no longer a requirement to go back and forth between two or more applications to manage the business. Everything you need to sell products and provide services to the Government customer can be handled from within Microsoft Dynamics NAV for Government Contractors.
- Increase the efficiency of your procurement functions by eliminating disparate systems.
- Streamline workflow by allowing employees, customers, vendors, and business partners to interact with your system through personalized Web portals.
- Dynamics NAV appeals to distributors or resellers that require an enterprise software solution that includes inventory management, order management (purchasing and sales) and financials with the capability to support enhanced sales functionality, past customer pricing, order history, normal distribution price, current costs, and different costing models.
- Dynamics NAV helps distributors reduce lead times, increase responsiveness, and better collaborate with their suppliers and customers.
- Gain real-time insight into inventory with detailed, dimensional inventory data based on actual materials use and replenishment status.
- Create resilient demand forecasts and production plans based on transparent and traceable information about demand, orders, and material supply.
- Gain leverage for supplier negotiations and performance management with integrated, readily comparable information about procurement activities, costs, lead times, quality assurance, and delivery performance.