PVBS consultants work with our customers to implement a standards-based suite of enterprise business applications that will assist them in implementing their strategic vision and preparing the organization for continued growth. The key objectives that they strive to accomplish are to:
- Provide a fully integrated and scalable enterprise financial, project management system, and web based time & expense application within an integrated solution
- Standardize all business critical applications on one integrated platform
- Eliminate redundant data entry thereby reducing human error
- Provide visibility into all business aspects of Projects, Financials and Client performance
- Provide for simplicity and ease of use by all employees
- Provide for quick and easy access to critical business/financial data
PVBS uses an enhanced version of the Microsoft Dynamics NAV implementation methodology for delivering successful projects. Our methodology is broken down into the following phases and tasks:
- Project Kickoff and Project Management
- Requirements Analysis & Conceptual Design
- System Setup & Configuration
- Initial Data Migration
- Key User and End User Training
- Functional System Testing
- Final Data Migration
- Go-Live Operations and Project Review
Project Kickoff & Project Management: The Project Kickoff Phase consists of the initial kickoff meeting, development of the overall project plan and project planning for the Dynamics NAV implementation. Key goals, milestones and success factors are established for the overall project and utilized throughout the project as a barometer for success.
Requirements Analysis and Conceptual Design: The first step in the requirements process is an initial session for employees who will be involved in the requirements and conceptual design of the system. Once this session is complete, the detailed requirements process begins. The Requirements and Design Phase consists of business workflow and process analysis of how the overall Dynamics NAV system architecture will be configured for the customer.
System Setup & Configuration: The system set-up and configuration phase consists of applying the overall system design, architecture and requirements defined in the previous phase to the Dynamics NAV solution.
Data Migration: PVBS consultants will work with the customer to ensure that data is migrated from the legacy system to Dynamics NAV for Government Contractors.
Training Services: PVBS provides a full range of training services for our users. The training classes may include:
- Getting Started- An introduction to the system including terminology, navigation, and basic features.
- Introduction to General Ledger- This is the introduction to the Dynamics NAV General Ledger including how the GL integrates with other areas of the system and in particular projects.
- Accounts Payable and Purchasing- This training class provides a full work flow from creating purchase orders through process payments and managing vendors.
- Accounts Receivable- This training class provides a full work flow around managing your Accounts Receivable process in the system including applying payments and managing customers.
- Introduction to Projects- The Projects module is the core to the system and this extensive class provides the baseline understanding of all aspects of projects including: setup, management, and overall understanding of T&M, Fixed Price, Cost Reimbursable, and Internal Projects.Advanced Projects- This class provides an in-depth training on advanced features within the project system.
- Advanced General Ledger- This class provides an in-depth training on advanced features within the Dynamics NAV General Ledger.
Functional System Testing: The functional system test phase consists of ensuring the application is ready for deployment which includes: defining test criteria, planning for integration testing (arranging, preparing, system test scripts, executing all aspects) monitoring business user acceptance testing and resolve related issues arising from testing and ensuring all object modifications and data-ports are ready for implementation.
Final Data Migration: The final data migration includes inputting any new master records (Customers, Vendors, or Contracts) and updating the balances and or detail for AP/AR/GL balances.
Go-Live Operations and Project Review: PVBS staff will be available to ensure all aspects of the “go-live” operation go smoothly, answer any questions and provide additional assistance as necessary.